As a public school employee for over ten years, I understand the everyday challenges and struggles faced by students and staff in our schools. In order to do better, we must:
- improve funding for public education
- competitive teacher pay that shows the the importance of their work and the respect they deserve
- a living wage for all education support staff. Ours schools could not function one day without the clerical, custodial, cafeteria workers, education assistants and bus drivers who keep the schools operating effectively for the teachers and students.
- the right to due process and collective bargaining
- recognizing and respecting the equal rights for all regardless of race, ethnicity, native language, socioeconomic status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation and ability level.